Careers at AFC-Holcroft
AFC-Holcroft located in Wixom, MI, is the largest North American heat treat equipment manufacturer, and is interested in candidates for long-term career opportunities in the capital equipment sector. Our customer base includes general manufacturing as well as automotive, both in the U.S. and across the globe.
AFC-Holcroft offers a competitive salary and benefits which include 401k with matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and profit sharing.
AFC-Holcroft is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Job Title: Pre-Shipment Technician
Qualifications/ Experience Required:
• Technical degree desirable but not mandatory.
• Hands on experience performing troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, combustion and piping systems.
• Experience with relay control circuits.
• Trainable PLC programming capabilities.
• Good working knowledge of industrial electrical control systems.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Able to work well in a team environment.
• Inspect equipment at manufacturing facility - locally and abroad
• Check-out of all mechanical, electrical and piping sub-systems, ensuring the overall system and individual components operate safely and as designed per engineering drawings, operating instructions, vendor literature and applicable specifications.
• Document all problems encountered during the pre-shipment testing of the equipment.
• Troubleshoot alarm messages from the PLC, furnace part recipes, and part tracking.
• Startup/troubleshoot HMI and equipment operation.
• Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
• Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Provide feedback to design engineers on problems.
Provide frequent reports and checklists, detailing progress, planned dates for major tasks and all open issues.
Job Title: Sales Engineer
- Engineering degree or comparable experience in industrial capital equipment sales.
- Engineering related to heat treat or metallurgical experience desirable
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Sell large, custom engineered heat treatment equipment
o Equipment features include various levels of automation and complex processes.
- Manage existing business while always looking for opportunities with new customers
- Educate customers on product features and benefits
- Organize sales visits and maintain relationships with customers
- Assist engineering and service with technical problems
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of proposals and quotes to meet customer requirements
o Engineering Sales team has support for proposal development and pricing from Applications and Estimating Department.
- Negotiate contracts, terms and conditions
- Review cost and sales performance
- Travel domestically and internationally as required to support new equipment sales activity Interface with Sales Representatives and Partners as required
- Attend trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Ensure that sales targets are met
- Conform to all policies & procedures within the company.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Job Title: IT and Database Administrator
Qualifications/ Experience Required:
• BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent professional experience or certifications.
• Windows Network Administration.
• Ideal candidate has experience with Oracle PL/SQL; those having extensive developer experience in other database platforms (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, etc.) may apply.
• Website administration experience a plus (Internet Information Server, Apachi, etc.).
• Programming, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Attention to detail and adherence to company and department policies and procedures.
• Ability to interface and work well with all levels of staff while maintaining confidentiality.
This position oversees 3 Detroit area locations with the following responsibilities. This position may involve working with the company’s corporate parent company (AHG), and IT colleagues throughout the world, including participation in setting global IT standards, and the implementation of such standards as adopted by local management.
• Windows network administration.
• Microsoft Exchange Server administration.
• Oracle database administration, including programming Oracle forms and reports.
• Oversee network security.
• Perform frequent network backups and test data recovery processes periodically or as requested.
• Maintain and oversee disaster recovery plans to reduce risk of data loss.
• Assist with IT planning and continuous improvement.
• Identify and resolve data and/or system vulnerabilities.
• Perform hardware and software upgrades and patches.
• Provide users with technical support (PC, network, software).
• Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
• Routine PC maintenance.
• Enforce IT and technical security policies to meet business and compliance requirements, and participate with recommending and documenting new policies.
• Oversee and manage phone system (Such as- assisting users with moving extensions, voicemail set up and backing up).
• Maintain Microsoft SQL Server databases.
• Responsible for tracking and maintaining various software licenses.
• Local travel on occasion as needed; global travel rarely (advise of any travel restrictions).
• Document all changes made to networks and database systems so there is a historical record of improvements.
• When programming, enter comments sufficient to document code and reasoning.
• This list of responsibilities is not meant to be exhaustive
***No phone calls, please***. Send resumes/CV to:
Attention: R. Piacentini
49630 Pontiac Trail
Wixom, MI 48393
Fax: (248) 668-2145
AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.