Careers at AFC-Holcroft
AFC-Holcroft, the largest North American heat treat equipment manufacturer, is interested in candidates for long-term career opportunities in the capital equipment sector. Our customer base includes general manufacturing as well as automotive, both in the U.S. and across the globe. AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.
We are seeking candidates in the following areas:
Parts and Service Sales Associate - We are seeking a Parts and Service Sales Associate to join our team to assist with parts and service sales and quotations.
- General parts sales and quotations from customer inquiries
- Develop, solicit and open new accounts
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to determine correct parts are ordered
- Enter parts orders, follow-up for processing until shipped
- Assist in expediting
- Work with manufacturing and vendors to determine time required to complete a parts order or the price of a part
- Complete work orders for manufacturing of parts and provide required information for purchase orders to vendors for parts required that must be purchased
- Be able to read and understand mechanical blueprints
- Have fluency with Microsoft Office
- Conform to all policies and procedures within the company.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- Experience in heat treat equipment
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attentive to detail
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Customer service oriented
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Plans, leads and directs the work of others in the mechanical engineering department.
- Be the team leader to the Mechanical Engineering (ME) staff
- Provide routine reviews of active project progress with each staff member
- Provide guidance to the staff on engineering decisions
- Evaluate resource needs as company business fluctuates based on the demands of project schedules
- Engage contract agencies when necessary to adjust staff needs
- Conduct routine performance appraisals of ME staff
- Evaluate salary adjustments to ME staff and make recommendations to Engineering Manager
- Manage the department by assigning projects to staff
- Report to Project Management, at least monthly, regarding status of active projects as it relates to the ME department
- Approve timesheets of ME staff and evaluate progress, motivating and supporting where needed.
- Oversee the design of projects and ensures that initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives.
- Actively participate in project design for all tasks related to a Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Train the ME staff where necessary through the direction of the Engineering Manager
- Report to the Engineering Manager on resource management within the ME Department
- Report to the Engineering Manager to discuss active projects and departmental needs.
- Minimum 5-7+ years of experience in industrial furnace design.
- Engineering degree preferred or in lieu of that, 10-15 years of experience.
- Experience managing a group of engineers.
- Experience with 3-D CAD design software; SolidWorks background preferred.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
PC Field Support Technician
Design PC-based HMI interfaces for industrial heat treat furnaces using proprietary software, and implement the technology on heat treat equipment in the field. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with computer programming on any platform and have an interest in learning how industrial heat treat furnaces operate and are controlled. The applicant may acquire other skills required on the job. Familiarity with industrial PC configuration, PLC programming, industrial controls networking protocols, and some background in electrical controls is preferred, but not required in advance.
• Learn to design PC-based HMI screens using proprietary software provided by the company.
• Learn to implement PC-based HMI setup at the customer’s facility on company furnaces and equipment.
• Learn to implement and troubleshoot alarm messages from the PLC, furnace part recipes, and part tracking.
• Learn to startup/troubleshoot HMI and equipment operation at customer facilities.
• After some period on the job, train customer personnel how to navigate and use the HMI screens to safely operate and control the provided equipment.
• Learn to understand and troubleshoot how the PC-based HMI integrates with other technologies, including PLC programs for sequential motion control, industrial networks, etc.
• Learn to integrate various industrial controls, such as PLCs and other network devices to support systems.
• Learn other technologies related to the position, including SCADA systems, alternative HMI software, technology required by customer specifications, etc.
• As skills and experience develop, the position provides opportunities for worldwide travel. Travel may eventually account for 25% of time on the job, or more.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
• Must be computer savvy and innovative with a strong “hands on” approach.
• Engineering degree desirable but not required.
• Field experience working around industrial equipment as plus.
• PLC programming capabilities a plus.
• PC programming capabilities a plus.
• Allen-Bradley experience a plus.
• Industrial network experience a plus (Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus, DH+, etc.)
• Position requires some travel to customer heat treat facilities, both nationally and internationally, to assist in system debug and start up as necessary.
***No phone calls, please***. Send resumes/CV to:
49630 Pontiac Trail
Wixom, MI 48393
Fax: (248) 668-5590
AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.