Careers at AFC-Holcroft
AFC-Holcroft, the largest North American heat treat equipment manufacturer, is interested in candidates for long-term career opportunities in the capital equipment sector. Our customer base includes general manufacturing as well as automotive, both in the U.S. and across the globe. AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.
We are seeking candidates in the following areas:
Human Resources Manager
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to oversee day-to-day human resource activities, policies and programs covering a wide range of HR functions.
• Develop and manage a system for staff planning & recruiting
• Coordinate and participate in prescreening and interview process along with hiring manager
• Manage new hire orientation and onboarding process
• Develop & manage program for employee retention
• Develop & manage employee performance evaluation program
• Manage employee development & training activities
• Ensure ongoing compliance with State & Federal statutory employment requirements
• Act as a mediator for employee conflicts and resolution
• Manage termination activities
• Participate in recruiting activities at job fairs, draft/place advertisements in appropriate media, and work with placement firms as required for new hire activities.
Education, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree, or in lieu thereof, a minimum of 10 years of related experience
• Demonstrated success in management roles having personnel management and business administration responsibilities
• Strong leadership qualities, including managing a group, delegation, setting deadlines and achieving goals
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking skills, and ability to delegate, multitask and work under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, and professionally with employees, peers, executive leadership, outside professionals, and others
• Must be authorized to work in the United States, hold, or be eligible for, a valid U.S. Passport and a valid State Driver’s License
• Experience with insurance enrollment and administration is a plus
Technical Sales - We are seeking a Technical Sales Associate to become a part of our team to answer queries, provide pre-and post-sales technical advice and support our products.
- Provide support to the Sales and Application Engineering Group as well as to advance the development of new technology.
- Evaluate modular products with the group.
- Manage the transfer of technical information to our international licensees.
- Assist engineering and service with technical problems.
- Identify and establish new business
- Organize sales visits
- Connect with existing customers
- Prepare proposals and quotations
- Negotiate contracts, terms and conditions
- Review cost and sales performance
- Provide product education and advice
- Attend trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Ensure that sales targets are met
- Conform to all policies & procedures within the company.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required to support new equipment sales activity.
- Interface with Sales Reps and Partners as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree BSME, thermal minor preferred or comparable experience in industrial capital equipment sales
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Senior Applications Engineer: We are seeking an experienced Senior Applications Engineer to become a part of our team.
• Size Continuous and Batch Heat Treating Furnace systems and companion equipment
• Estimate mechanical, electrical and programming, and process engineering design hours.
• Estimate steel fabrication labor and materials required for manufacturing and assembly
• Estimate heat resistant alloy components for high temperature applications
• Estimate refractory labor and materials for thermal insulation systems
• Estimate convection heating and recirculation systems for heating and process uniformity
• Estimate gas and electric heating and cooling systems, sizing components and assembly labor
• Estimate conveyors and mechanical drive systems and assembly labor hours
• Estimate process control systems for automation, temperature, combustion, atmosphere, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems with control panels and assembly labor
• Prepare proposal documents and drawings for sales and customer
• Prepare monthly sales reports
• Process order entries into computer database to establish budgets
• Report estimated cost to actual cost to manufacture and maintain standard equipment pricing
• 4 year degree and/or 5 years of heat treating work experience preferred.
PC Field Support Technician
Design PC-based HMI interfaces for industrial heat treat furnaces using proprietary software, and implement the technology on heat treat equipment in the field. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with computer programming on any platform and have an interest in learning how industrial heat treat furnaces operate and are controlled. The applicant may acquire other skills required on the job. Familiarity with industrial PC configuration, PLC programming, industrial controls networking protocols, and some background in electrical controls is preferred, but not required in advance.
• Learn to design PC-based HMI screens using proprietary software provided by the company.
• Learn to implement PC-based HMI setup at the customer’s facility on company furnaces and equipment.
• Learn to implement and troubleshoot alarm messages from the PLC, furnace part recipes, and part tracking.
• Learn to startup/troubleshoot HMI and equipment operation at customer facilities.
• After some period on the job, train customer personnel how to navigate and use the HMI screens to safely operate and control the provided equipment.
• Learn to understand and troubleshoot how the PC-based HMI integrates with other technologies, including PLC programs for sequential motion control, industrial networks, etc.
• Learn to integrate various industrial controls, such as PLCs and other network devices to support systems.
• Learn other technologies related to the position, including SCADA systems, alternative HMI software, technology required by customer specifications, etc.
• As skills and experience develop, the position provides opportunities for worldwide travel. Travel may eventually account for 25% of time on the job, or more.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
• Must be computer savvy and innovative with a strong “hands on” approach.
• Engineering degree desirable but not required.
• Field experience working around industrial equipment as plus.
• PLC programming capabilities a plus.
• PC programming capabilities a plus.
• Allen-Bradley experience a plus.
• Industrial network experience a plus (Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus, DH+, etc.)
• Position requires some travel to customer heat treat facilities, both nationally and internationally, to assist in system debug and start up as necessary.
***No phone calls, please***. Send resumes/CV to:
49630 Pontiac Trail
Wixom, MI 48393
Fax: (248) 668-5590
AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.