Careers at AFC-Holcroft
AFC-Holcroft, the largest North American heat treat equipment manufacturer, is interested in candidates for long-term career opportunities in the capital equipment sector. Our customer base includes general manufacturing as well as automotive, both in the U.S. and across the globe. AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.
We are seeking candidates in the following areas:
Foreman: Refractory Mason (Bricklayer)
Responsibilities of this position include working as Acting Foreman for bricking of heat treat related equipment in house, doing relines in the field, estimating jobs, and actual hands on work.
Duties will include the following:
• Interpret prints or sketches, plan work details and determine material requirements.
• Lay firebrick and refractory tile to build, rebuild, reline, or patch high-temperature or heating equipment according to job orders and blueprints:
• Lay out work using chalklines, plumb bobs, tapes, squares, and levels.
• Calculate angles and courses for building walls, arches, columns, corners, and bottoms.
• Remove burned or damaged brick and cleans surface of setting, using sledgehammer, pry bar, pneumatic chipping gun, scraper, and wire brush.
• Cut brick to size.
• Cut, notch, or drill openings to provide outlets, brackets, and heating elements, using hand and power tools.
• May also pack insulation into shells and frames to insulate heating equipment.
• Perform work requiring knowledge of the properties and workability of bonding and ceramic materials, allowances for expansion and contraction of masonry work and the skillful use of tools of the trade.
• Possess the ability to repeatedly lift 55 lbs.
• Cut bricks with hand or wet saws.
• Use common hand and power tools (Circular saw, reciprocating saw, wet saw)
• Ability to remove old refractories while documenting existing equipment layout and refractory placement.
• Install insulation to equipment specifications.
• Install refractory brick based on equipment design.
• Install castable materials.
• Build and install form work for castable application
• Brick arch roofs
• Brick Cylinders (exhaust stack)
• Tear out of refractory masonry
• Using and maintaining refractory tools and equipment
• Installation of ceramic fiber blankets and modules
• High regard for safety standards.
• Must have working command of the English language, and be able to effectively communicate.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Some travel required, both domestic and international (ability to obtain passport required)
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Education: High school diploma or general education degree.
• Experience: minimum 8 years refractory installation
Technical Sales - We are seeking a Technical Sales Associate to become a part of our team to answer queries, provide pre-and post-sales technical advice and support our products.
- Provide support to the Sales and Application Engineering Group as well as to advance the development of new technology.
- Evaluate modular products with the group.
- Manage the transfer of technical information to our international licensees.
- Assist engineering and service with technical problems.
- Identify and establish new business
- Organize sales visits
- Connect with existing customers
- Prepare proposals and quotations
- Negotiate contracts, terms and conditions
- Review cost and sales performance
- Provide product education and advice
- Attend trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Ensure that sales targets are met
- Conform to all policies & procedures within the company.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required to support new equipment sales activity.
- Interface with Sales Reps and Partners as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree BSME, thermal minor preferred or comparable experience in industrial capital equipment sales
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
PC Field Support Technician
Design PC-based HMI interfaces for industrial heat treat furnaces using proprietary software, and implement the technology on heat treat equipment in the field. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with computer programming on any platform and have an interest in learning how industrial heat treat furnaces operate and are controlled. The applicant may acquire other skills required on the job. Familiarity with industrial PC configuration, PLC programming, industrial controls networking protocols, and some background in electrical controls is preferred, but not required in advance.
• Learn to design PC-based HMI screens using proprietary software provided by the company.
• Learn to implement PC-based HMI setup at the customer’s facility on company furnaces and equipment.
• Learn to implement and troubleshoot alarm messages from the PLC, furnace part recipes, and part tracking.
• Learn to startup/troubleshoot HMI and equipment operation at customer facilities.
• After some period on the job, train customer personnel how to navigate and use the HMI screens to safely operate and control the provided equipment.
• Learn to understand and troubleshoot how the PC-based HMI integrates with other technologies, including PLC programs for sequential motion control, industrial networks, etc.
• Learn to integrate various industrial controls, such as PLCs and other network devices to support systems.
• Learn other technologies related to the position, including SCADA systems, alternative HMI software, technology required by customer specifications, etc.
• As skills and experience develop, the position provides opportunities for worldwide travel. Travel may eventually account for 25% of time on the job, or more.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
• Must be computer savvy and innovative with a strong “hands on” approach.
• Engineering degree desirable but not required.
• Field experience working around industrial equipment as plus.
• PLC programming capabilities a plus.
• PC programming capabilities a plus.
• Allen-Bradley experience a plus.
• Industrial network experience a plus (Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus, DH+, etc.)
• Position requires some travel to customer heat treat facilities, both nationally and internationally, to assist in system debug and start up as necessary.
***No phone calls, please***. Send resumes/CV to:
49630 Pontiac Trail
Wixom, MI 48393
Fax: (248) 668-5590
AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.