Careers at AFC-Holcroft
AFC-Holcroft located in Wixom, MI, is the largest North American heat treat equipment manufacturer, and is interested in candidates for long-term career opportunities in the capital equipment sector. Our customer base includes general manufacturing as well as automotive, both in the U.S. and across the globe.
AFC-Holcroft offers a competitive salary and benefits which include 401k with matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and profit sharing.
AFC-Holcroft is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Job Title: Machinist
• Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
• Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
• Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
• Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
• Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
• Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
• Diagnose machine tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
• Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools.
• Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations.
• Separate scrap waste and related materials for reuse, recycling, or disposal.
• Evaluate machining procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability.
• Use hand tools or power tools to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed.
• Install repaired parts into equipment or install new equipment.
• Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics.
Qualifications/ Experience Required:
- Prefer High School Diploma
- Crane operating skills
- Hi-Lo operating skills
- Shear operating skills
- Band saw operating skills
- Break press operating skills
- Blue print reading skills
- Reading & use of tape measure
- Fabrication of assemblies (2 years of experience required)
- Assemble and set-up machinery/equipment (2 years of experience required)
- Basic skills & knowledge of welding mild steel and alloys with stick and MIG
- Ironworking skill set
***No phone calls, please***. Send resumes/CV to:
Attention: R. Piacentini
49630 Pontiac Trail
Wixom, MI 48393
Fax: (248) 668-2145
AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.