Careers at AFC-Holcroft
AFC-Holcroft located in Wixom, MI, is the largest North American heat treat equipment manufacturer, and is interested in candidates for long-term career opportunities in the capital equipment sector. Our customer base includes general manufacturing as well as automotive, both in the U.S. and across the globe.
AFC-Holcroft offers a competitive salary and benefits which include 401k with matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and profit sharing.
AFC-Holcroft is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Job Title: Piping Project Engineer
Qualifications/ Experience Required:
Bachelor of Science in engineering degree desirable
2-5 years of relevant experience but prefer 5 years over all experience
Knowledge of water piping systems and combustion
Proficiency with AutoCAD drawing software, MS Word and MS Excel
Experience designing, assembling, or maintaining equipment containing piping systems (heating, cooling, or other) would be desirable
Minimum math skills to include high school level algebra
Basic writing and composition skills
Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Ability to work with others cooperatively
• Assist with design of industrial heat processing equipment
• Prepare drawings for various piping systems (combustion, cooling, atmosphere, pneumatics, etc.) of custom heat treat furnaces in accordance with contract specifications
• Develop schematic layouts and details of piping systems for heat treat furnaces and support equipment
• Specify and requisition components for purchasing. Maintain project Bill of Materials
• Meet with customers and sales staff as required to support design/ build/ inspection
• Provide support by phone and/or in person for customer equipment questions/ problems
• Provide support by phone and/or in person for field engineer questions/ problems
• Provide support by phone and/or in person for manufacturing questions/ problems
• Perform flow and heat transfer calculations
• Prepare charts, graphs, and appropriate drawings that are needed
• Participate in structured problem solving activities to resolve internal and external problems
• Work with mechanical and electrical engineers to complete design of equipment
• Communicate with vendors for initial quotes and any technical issues
• Inspect furnace equipment at manufacturing facility, locally(Wixom) or at subcontractor facility
• Travel to customer locations to assist in field commissioning activities
• Maintain engineering job files and records
• Prepare Operation and Maintenance manuals
• Conform to all policies and procedures of the company
Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer
• Develops control schematics using AutoCad Electrical based upon equipment and customer specifications.
• Develops and issues Bills of Materials.
• Develops PLC and HMI programs.
• Performs various engineering calculations.
• Provides Manufacturing and Start-up assistance when required.
• Design and work with systems utilizing discrete (PID) process controllers.
• Provide summaries of equipment operation to be used by technical writers.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, or topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
• Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
• Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, or domestic purposes.
• Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
• Prepare plans with detailed drawings that include project specifications and cost estimates.
• Design and execute engineering experiments to create workable solutions.
• Develop engineering calculations, diagrams and technical reports
• Complete required technical and regulatory documents
• Ensure projects are completed on-time and within the specified budget
• Present analysis results and project solutions to technical leads, senior leaders and clients as necessary
• Able to travel to jobsite to assist with start-up of equipment when required to do so.
• Able to work well in a team environment
Qualifications/ Experience Required:
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related Technical Degree
• Position requires some travel to customer heat treat facilities, both nationally and internationally, to assist in system debug and start up as necessary. Ability to obtain passport is required and the ability to travel worldwide.
Must have 4-5 years of experience with much or all of the following:
• Good working knowledge of the design of industrial electrical control systems.
• Good working knowledge of the NFPA 70 Standard (National Electric Code) including fuse and wire sizing.
• Good working knowledge of the NFPA 79 Standard (Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery).
• Experience following project schedules and budgets
• Experience with motor control circuits including designing circuits, sizing and specifying components and hands-on troubleshooting.
• Experience with relay control circuits.
• PLC hardware and software experience including sizing and specifying components, developing hardwiring drawings, writing PLC logic, testing, programming and system troubleshooting.
• Knowledge and experience developing HMI screens using sofware such as Allen-Bradley factorytalk View.
• Experience applying variable speed drives
• Industrial network experience (Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus, DH+, etc.)
• Working Knowledge of AutoCad Electrical
***No phone calls, please***. Send resumes/CV to:
Attention: R. Piacentini
49630 Pontiac Trail
Wixom, MI 48393
Fax: (248) 668-2145
AFC-Holcroft offers a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.